Vegan Organic Broccoli Balls.





 Hi Friends Welcome to clenfoodcrushbyshri!!


 My name is Shridevi and I born and brought up in Hubli (North Karnataka). Did my Masters in Hubli later shifted to Bangalore as I got a job in 2011. Got married in 2012 and moved to USA 2013due to my husband's job... 2014 our little princess came to our life and made life much more beautiful and meaningful. I recently started working as an HR professional after 6 long years of gap as I wanted to take care of my daughter and create beautiful memories with her. Now I'm settled in Miami Florida. That's my brief introduction guys.

Now let me tell you guys a bit about my cooking passion and why decided to blog:
  
      I  belong to a family wherein food plays a very vital role. My Dad worked as a Lecturer and Mom as a teacher so they always gave a lot of importance to healthy and clean eating. As a kid and teenager, it was a bit difficult to follow these healthy food series, we used to eat cheat meal only on Saturday and Sunday watching our favorite TV show.. ahh wish I could go back to those days such beautiful memories filled with lots of happiness love and innocence. Well now after the birth of my daughter Prapti I have understood totally what is it being parent, the responsibility, and most importantly how to incorporate a healthy clean eating habit to her. Being a mom is a very happy and joyful moment but when it comes to upbringing.. you need to go through so many things and believe me it takes a lot of patience, thanks to my parents who cultivated clean and healthy eating habits to me and my brothers because of that I am able to incorporate healthy eating habits to my daughter and my hubby.
 My recipes concentrate on avoiding refined flour, refined sugar, and try to minimize the use of dairy and gluten and I prefer using organic products in my recipes.


 Alright enough about me and here comes the recipe of Vegan Organic Broccoli Balls.

Vegan Organic Broccoli Balls. Healthy Broccoli bites are loaded with broccoli, vegan cheese, herbs, and spices. This is a super nutritious snack that anybody would love to have!! You have fiber, antioxidants, anti-inflammatory compounds, plant-based protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and vitamin B12 crammed into these savory bites. They are super yummy with dips and pasta (my favorite is with a tomato herby sauce with homemade vegan mayonnaise) This recipe is also a great one to make with the kids; they love rolling the striking green balls! My daughter thoroughly enjoyed making her green balls ... involve your kids in this process. It’s so much fun cooking with kids!!

let’s jump to the recipe now:
            Ingredients
 

·         2 cups broccoli florets

·        1 boiled and mashed potato

·        1/2 cup breadcrumbs

·        1/4 cup vegan shredded cheese or favorite cheese of yours

·        1/4 cup minced onion or shallots optional tbsp cilantro chopped

·        1 clove garlic minced

·        1 teaspoon Italian seasoning

·        Pinch of salt and black pepper 

Cooking Method:

1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. 

2.     Steam broccoli in boiling water until tender. Chop broccoli using a knife or food processor until finely minced.       

3.        In a large mixing bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, chopped broccoli, cheese, parsley, and spices. Mix until well incorporated.        


4.       Scoop about 1 tablespoon of mixture and form into a ball. Place on a lined baking sheet and spray or drizzle lightly with oil. Bake 25-30 minutes or until lightly golden and cooked through.

               

 6      Bake them and serve on a salad, or as an appetizer or snack with your favorite dipping sauce. 





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts