Marshmallow Fondant(Sea Creature Cup Cakes)



Hello Friends!!
I was thinking of making sea creatures themed cupcakes and I wanted to try marshmallows fondant and use on my cupcakes so finally I geared towards it yesterday and I was very skeptical about it that how it will turn and I had no much expectation with this fondant but I wanted to learn it so I started with my fingers crossed.

Initially when I started with microwaving marshmallows warm it till 15 seconds then take out and stir repeat the procedure 2 times it was not much fun but when I added the natural powdered sweetener and started kneading it .. I had so much fun playing with this dough I realized why my daughter love to play with her play dough all the time !! Guys, it’s amazing to experience I recommend you guys to try making your fondant at home and relax your self believe me you will have so much fun and it’s so relaxing theosophy to your hands and such joy while making those cute sea creatures.. feels like I went back to my childhood.
Before heading to this recipe you guys have to be ready with pre-baked cupcakes of your choice as the making of fondant and sea creatures will consume time. As I am a beginner in fondant making I wanted to have enough time to focus on preparing the proper fondant and creating the sea creatures.


Now let’s jump to the recipe

Ingredients:

• 3 jumbo marshmallows ( 1 and 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
• 1 tablespoon water
• 1and 1/2 cups Stevia natural powdered sweeter
• Oil, for greasing your hands
• Food coloring gel or edible food marker as I didn’t have the food coloring gel I have used natural edible food color markers (optional)

Cooking Method:
1. Pour the marshmallows into a microwave-safe bowl. Stir in the water to evenly coat the marshmallows. 

2. Microwave for 15 seconds, then stir. Repeat this process two more times, or until the mixture is smooth. 
 
  

3. Sift 3 cups of the Stevia powdered sweetener into a large bowl and make a hole in the center. 
   

4. Pour the melted marshmallow mixture onto the powdered sweetener   
5. Sift the rest of the powdered sweetener on top of the marshmallows.
   
 
6. Oil your hands to prevent the marshmallow from sticking to you. Knead in the sweetener until you have the consistency of soft taffy and the fondant no longer sticks to your hands. If you are tinting the fondant, add food coloring now and knead until the color is fully incorporated. (Coat your hands with shortening so the colors don't stain them.)
7. If you are not using the fondant right away, store it tightly wrapped or in a plastic bag at room temperature. 






Comments

Popular Posts