Birthday Special Black Forest Cake !!

Birthday Special Black Forest Cake !! 
My princess yesterday had her Sixth birthday. 
I threw her a “Tinker Bell’’ themed party complete with, balloons & and virtual games with kids.

This year due to the Pandemic situation it was challenging to make her birthday outside (as she loved her birthday to be celebrated with her friends and she likes her cake to be very fancy and beautiful.
So I finally told her I will make sure your cake will be just the way you want and all your friends will be joining us virtually to celebrate your birthday. 
She ( being not very sure about the cake ) ok mom I will celebrate my birthday virtually but my cake should be a big one and you need to put a tinker bell edible mushroom on it and a tinker bell cake topper.
I was like ok.. !!! The cake topper is fine I can buy but edible mushroom ??? 

So for the very first time, I attempted this 3 layer cake. It’s not perfect but I made it from scratch and most importantly birthday princess loved it!!

Ingredients:
(I have used all organic products)
• 1 cup icing sugar
• 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature 
• 1 tsp vanilla essence 
• 1 and 3/4 cup buttermilk milk 
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/4  + 2 tablespoons cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp baking soda
• Pinch of salt
FOR CHERRY SYRUP:
• 1 cup cherry
• 3/4 cup water
• 4tbsp sugar

FOR FROSTING:
• 2 cups heavy whipping cream 
• 1/4 cup icing sugar
• 1 tsp vanilla extract 

Method :
• Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
• Take three 6 inch cake pan and Greece with butter and flour.
• In a  bowl take powdered sugar and butter. Beat till the mixture turns smooth and fluffy.
• Next add vanilla extract and buttermilk. combine well.
• Sieve all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and pinch of salt.
• Now cut and fold gently till the smooth dropping consistency batter formed.
• Bake the cake for 30 minutes.
• Let cool down the cake completely.
• Now place 1st layer and top with cherry      syrup, frosting and cherries.
• Repeat for 2 ND layer.
• Start spreading frosting over the sides of the cake carefully.
• Lastly decorate the cake according to your wish.

 Note:
I have used a green color in my outer layer of the cake as my daughter’s birthday theme was tinker bell and also the layer is of buttercream and sugar.

Comments

Popular Posts