Peanut Hemp Hearts Energy balls /Shenga Unde!!

Shenga unde or Peanut laddu's are the most commonly made sweet snack in North Karnataka. Quick and very easy to make with just 3 ingredients. They are made of jaggery (palm sugar) and roasted peanuts. A good snack for kids.
This is a very famous sweet recipe from North Karnataka

Shenga unde or Peanut laddu is one of our family's favorite sweets. Whether it is chikki or laddu  the peanut with jaggery is the best sweet or energy food loved by almost everyone.
I made these energy balls with a little twist by adding Hemp seeds for the extra nutrition!! I was very skeptical initially as I never added hempseeds before but they turned out really yummy!!

Being a mom, I am always trying to offer healthy and wholesome food to my daughter.

 I  believe in clean eating and most of our foods have all the nutrients that the kids need during their growing years. These natural foods boost immunity and let them grow well without artificial flavors or preservatives.

Most importantly it's approved by my daughter that it's super delicious 😋 so I am confident now that kids will love the hemp seed peanut energy balls !!

Ingredients:
(I have used all organic ingredients)
Raw Peanuts – 1 cup
Powdered Jaggery – 3/4 cup
1/4 cup -Hemp seeds / Hemp hearts 
Cardamom powder – a generous pinch
Ghee – 2 tsp

Method :
. Measure 1 cup of raw peanuts, dry roast till nicely browned and the outer skin starts to come out.
. Rub the peanuts with your hands and blow away the skin this is the easy way to remove the skin. I gave not taken out the skin completely I have left the skin on.
. Now take peanuts in a mixer and give a quick grind as fine as possible. It will be slightly coarse only.
. Now scrap the sides, add jaggery and then grind it again.
. Transfer this to a bowl, add cardamom powder  Hemp seeds, and ghee. Mix well and break the lumps formed.
. Shape them into small balls.No need to grease all, as the oil in peanuts is just enough to hold together.
. Enjoy these healthy and delicious nutty treats any time of the day !!


 I would love to hear from you at any time. If you have tried any of my recipes, give your feedback in the comment section below. If you like this recipe, share it with your friends. Do subscribe to my blog. Thank you 😊

Comments

Popular Posts